Civics education is the bedrock of democratic decision making. The Wisconsin Civic Learning Coalition brings together stakeholders from across the state to strengthen nonpartisan civics and government education in schools.
About the WCLC
Civics education is the bedrock of democratic decision making. The Wisconsin Civic Learning Coalition brings together nonpartisan stakeholders from across the state to strengthen civics and government education in schools. We aim to support schools and teachers at all levels in preparing students to be effective participants in all aspects of civic life. The WCLC develops resources and programs, collaborates with other organizations, and pursues policies to ensure every Wisconsin student has a diverse array of opportunities to learn, expand, and experience civic knowledge, skills, and attributes in order that all future generations of Wisconsin citizens are prepared to fully participate in local governance as well as our state and federal constitutional democracy.
- Build a coalition of in support of civics education in order to prepare the next generation of engaged citizens
- Engage with students, teachers, parents, administrators, citizens, elected officials, and organizations
- Collaborate with national organizations and civics education groups in other states to communicate about the importance of civics education.
- Support civics and government teachers by connecting them to high impact professional development opportunities.
- Advocate at the local and state level to support civics education best practices in Wisconsin schools.
- Support efforts at all levels that would steer additional resources towards civics education in schools.
The Wisconsin Civic Learning Coalition is a project of the Legislative Semester, a 501(c)3 organization.